Thank you for your interest in providing a guest post for Roam & Capture!
Guest posts provide a great opportunity to reach a new audience to share your ideas and valuable information. Plus, if you are new to the field of freelance writing, guest posts allow you to build your portfolio and improve your writing skills. As such, guest posts are available at the moment for fellow bloggers or freelance writers who wish to grow their portfolios. The three main categories for the blog include:
- Family Travel
If you have any pitch ideas that would fit into these categories (or related ones), I would love to hear them!
Guest Post Collaboration Guidelines
Before submitting a request to provide a guest post, please review the following guidelines to ensure your post can be featured on the site:
- The post must be original and should not include any commercial/affiliate/brand links. However, Roam & Capture reserves the right to include its own affiliate links.
- Plagiarism or any copyright infringement is a big no-no.
- Keep submission at a minimum of 800 words.
- You can pick any topic as long as it relates to one or more of the main categories, or if they are closely related. Ensure you check out the blog to get a sense of the brand and style to follow.
- Original photos are encouraged. They should be original with no children, and you provide permission to Roam & Capture to post the photos on the guest post. I understand it is a family travel blog, but one can never be too careful when it comes to children’s photos and consent. You can share the photos via Google Drive or Dropbox.
- Promote the guest post link on your own email list, Facebook, Twitter, or any other social media.
- There is no pay for guest post submissions. If a post is submitted, it is with the understanding that there will be no compensation for writing the post or any compensation related to it.
- If you use an SEO keyword, let me know so I can review or update accordingly, such as alt tags, meta descriptions, meta titles, and so on.
- When you submit the post, you give Roam & Capture the right to edit the content to fit the format and ensure there are no grammar mistakes. You also give the exclusive right to publish your post on Roam & Capture. Naturally, the post will remain yours and you can request updates or changes, but if you choose to post the story on a different website, Roam & Capture will remove it from the blog.
What Will You Get?
As a guest post contributor, you will receive the following:
- Author credit for the post and photos;
- A short author bio with a photo at the end of the post;
- One do-follow link to your website in the bio and two links to social media accounts; and
- Roam & Capture will also promote the guest post on social media, using Facebook groups, Twitter, and Pinterest.
Please provide Roam & Capture with a few story pitch ideas that include a proposed title, brief summary, SEO keyword, and timeline to submit. Please do not submit finished stories without pitch approval.
When your pitch is approved, we’ll move forward with the next steps to publish your post.
Ready to contribute? Great! Please submit your guest post idea using the contact form.